Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Beginning of our blog....

Most of you know us but here's more about us.

We are a family of 4 oops I mean 5. We just added Miss Hailey LeeAnne to our family on July 4th. Then there is Noah who is 2 1/2. He is a red head with the temper to match. He loves his mom, dad and big brother and already is in love with his baby sister.

Jacob is our oldest who is 7, will be 8 in September. He is a great big brother who has the patience of his father with Noah. He also is in love with his baby sister. He has a mechanical/technical mind and amazes his parents with the ideas he comes up with.

I am noramlly an at home child care provider. Right now, I'm taking some time off to recoop from Hailey's birth and help get our family settled. I enjoy being a mother as well as scrapbooking. My hubbie would say that I enjoy buying stuff for scrapbooking.

Jody is in the US Airforce. He enjoys his job but is not currently working in it. He has had some medical issues in the last 4-5 months. We were in Misawa, Japan when the doctors found a golf ball sized mass on his spine. He was medi-vacced (sent by airplane) to Tripler Army Medical center in Hawaii. He was there for a month and ended up having 2 back surgeries and a diagnosis of lung cancer that went into his blood stream to his L-3 vertbrane. UGH!!!! So in order for Jody to get the care that he needs we were moved to McChord AFB in Washington State. He is receiving care at the Army hospital next door to our base. He is currently undergoing radiation for his lung and chemotherapy. He's already received radiation for his back and so far that has gone well.

So that's our family for now. I will post more later. It will be great to hear from everyone.

7 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Yay! I look forward to seeing LOTS of pictures and fun stories.

berry family said...

I am glad to have your blog address mine is berryrashelle.blogspot.com and I look foward to getting to know your family better at church and play groups.
rashelle

salty c-snake said...

Hey Kim. I found your site through the Masons (throught the Verdoorns, throught the Armstrongs, but anyway). It's great to see your fam and your darling little girl. I was sorry to hear about Jody, and our prayers are with ya'll. we'll be watching the blog to see how things go!! take care

www.wackywarnocks.blogspot.coom

gmiracle said...

Hi guys!!! It is so nice to see the pics of the beautiful kids and your growing family!! we are still in Alaska and enjoying retired life with our airplane. our love and prayers are with jody please keep updates posted. always with love... the Miracle family

Cherie said...

Hey! I found your website through the Masons via Veronica Bartles. I've been hoping to get in contact with you for the longest time! The last I heard you were in Japan, and had a little boy. Now you have 3 kids, how awesome! And Jacob is so BIG! I can't believe that's the same little kid I used to watch run around. Anyway, I think you're amazing and remember often your amazing daycare and scrapbook collection. It's awesome you have a room for everything now. I hope I'll hear back from you when can.... natecherie@mac.com.

Cherie Jorgensen

Striving for the best said...

Congrats on your beautiful new addition! She is just adorable and the boys are getting SO BIG! I am so sorry to hear about Jody's medical issues, that is awful. We are praying for a speedy recovery. Hope all else is well with you.

Striving for the best said...

Okay- so I am a dork....nothing has changed, eh? Didnt tell you who I was.HAHA...anyway, it's your old crazy neighbor from Beale Sara Barnett.