Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yard saling

We went yard saling today and I believe we got the best deals we've ever gotten.
Jody went to get donuts and then stopped at a couple of yard sales. He picked up 3 DVD's. I went out a little bit later just to check things out. Then I had to go get Jody because I found a men's bike with a helmet for $15.00. Jody had found a bike on the side of the rode (for those not in the military people will put lots of different items on the side of the road for big trash pick up day and it's free for the taking). Well, at the beginning of this week someone came into our car port and stole his bike. He had gotten me a bike too but mine doesn't have a seat or any air in the tires so I guess the thieves didn't want it. I was really bummed because we had just bought a double bike trailer from a friend and we're excited about going on bike rides as a family.

So, here's our haul and yes that's a Cricut!!!!

We got:
Pokemon DVD 25 cents
Mickey mouse clubhouse DVD: 25 cents
Veggie tales 4 DVD set: 50 cents

2 Cars shake n go cars: 50 cents a piece

bucket of blocks: $1

Hand mixer: $1 (for my mom)

Rotary cutter and small mat: $2

7 binders (for school): $2

CRICUT!!!: $35 (for my mom)

I was really excited and when the lady said she'd take $35 I was SHOCKED!!!! Jody said ummm we'll buy it. I called my mom and she immediately said I'll buy it from you. So now my mom has one too. :)

6 comments:

vicki said...

Thanks Kim and Jody for all my new goodies! Can't wait to get down there and use them.
See you in about 5 weeks!
Love, Mom

Lindsay Z said...

Oh I'm in the mood for yard-sale adventures! Next weekend...

Madsen said...

$35!!!!!! What!? Bug is BEAUTIFUL! And the boys...so CUTE!

Parley and Anna said...

Okay, now I am seriously impressed--35 smackaroonies?! That's amazing. Way to go!

ACDC2005 said...

Wow a Cricut? For $35? That's awesome! What a steal!

Andrea M said...

I am jealous of the cricut. I know...I am not supposed to covet my neighbor's stuff....but I really want one. Waaaaaa I am glad that your momma will be super happy with her new things.